Homeowners find that soaking in a Jacuzzi tub is a wonderful way to unwind and indulge. A jacuzzi bath redesign can be beneficial whether you want to upgrade your current bathroom or make it feel more like a spa.
The size of the bathroom, the type of materials chosen, and the degree of difficulty involved in the installation can all have a significant impact on the final price tag. In this post, we’ll take a look at how much it often costs to renovate a bathroom to include a jacuzzi, along with some other useful information.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about the expense and return of installing a jacuzzi in your bathroom, from the price of labour and supplies to the effect on your home’s value.
Factors Affecting Jacuzzi Bath Remodel Cost
Size of the bathtub
Remodeling costs depend heavily on Jacuzzi bathtub size. Larger bathtubs require more materials, installation time, and labour, increasing the cost. A smaller bathtub uses less resources and costs less. The size of the Jacuzzi bathtub impacts the room it will be installed in, which might affect the cost of materials and labour for bathroom alterations.
The bathtub’s material also affects price. Stone, copper, and cast iron cost more than acrylic or fibreglass. The cost will also depend on the surface, such as matte or glossy, and any extras, like built-in lights or jets.
The Jacuzzi bathtub is only one part of the bathtub remodel cost. Installation, plumbing, electrical, and bathroom renovations will also affect the price.
Type of Jacuzzi Bathtub
The price of your bathroom renovation will also be affected by the model of Jacuzzi tub you decide to install. Jacuzzi tubs come in a variety of styles, some of which are:
- Whirlpool bathtub: A massage-like effect is provided by whirlpool bathtub jets. Due to their jets and piping, whirlpool bathtubs cost extra.
- Air jet bathtub: Air jet bathtubs massage without water. This bathtub massages less than a whirlpool bathtub yet is cheaper.
- Soaking bathtub: A soaking bathtub has no jets or massage features. For a simple, soothing bath, it’s the most economical Jacuzzi bathtub.
- Walk-in bathtub: Walk-in bathtubs are more expensive than regular Jacuzzi bathtubs because they have built-in seats, grab bars, and non-slip surfaces for mobility-impaired people.
Related: The Ultimate Guide to Refrigerator Repair Costs: How to Save Big
Materials Used in the Remodel
The total price tag on a refurbished Jacuzzi tub will also depend on the quality of the materials utilised in the project. The following are some of the most popular components of bathroom makeovers that involve the bathtub:
- Acrylic: Because of its low cost and high durability, acrylic is frequently used for bathtubs. It comes in many different colours and finishes, and its lightweight nature makes it a breeze to work with.
- Fiberglass: It’s also worth noting that the price of acrylic and fibreglass bathtubs is roughly the same. It has the advantages of being light, long-lasting, and simple to set up, but it lacks the sturdiness of, say, stone or cast-iron structures.
- Stone: Bathtubs made of natural stones like marble or granite are more expensive than their man-made counterparts like acrylic or fibreglass, but they are also more durable and elegant. Due to its weight, stone bathtubs may need to be reinforced, which might increase the overall cost of the renovation.
- Cast iron: Cast iron has long been used to make bathtubs due to the material’s durability and capacity to keep water warm. Cast iron tubs are heavy and costly, but they will last for decades if cared for properly.
- Tile: There is a vast variety of tile colours, styles, and finishes available, making it a popular choice for bathtub surrounds. Naturally, more luxurious materials like natural stone or hand-painted tiles will cost more than standard ceramic tile, but there is a wide range in price.
Complexity of the Project
Another aspect that can change the total amount is the difficulty of the Jacuzzi bathtub renovation job. There are a number of things that can make a bathtub renovation more difficult than it has to be.
- Plumbing: Relocating or updating the bathtub’s plumbing might add time and money to the project.
- Electrical work: Electrical upgrades to the tub, including installing additional lights or jets, can raise both the scope and price of the renovation.
- Structural modifications: The difficulty and cost of the project can rise if the bathroom needs structural improvements, such as reinforcing the floor or expanding the bathroom, to fit the new bathtub.
- Finishing work: Bathroom remodelling projects can become more difficult and expensive if additional finishing touches are needed.
- Customization: Adding special touches to your bathtub, like an integrated music system or LED lighting, can raise both the difficulty and cost of the job.
Related: The True Cost of Window Replacement: What You Need to Know
Average Cost of Jacuzzi Bath Remodel
Basic remodel costs
Depending on bathtub size, type, and materials, a basic Jacuzzi bath makeover can cost $2,000 to $8,000. A simple redesign comprises installing a Jacuzzi bathtub, improving the plumbing, and making other necessary bathroom changes. Basic remodels may entail permits and expenses.
Remember that a basic bathroom remodel’s cost depends on your bathroom’s needs and the depth of the renovations. A straightforward bathroom redesign may cost less in a small bathroom than in a larger bathroom with more complicated plumbing or structural changes.
A contractor can estimate your bathroom’s basic Jacuzzi bath makeover cost. They can estimate materials, labour, and permits.
High-end Remodel Costs
Depending on the upgrades and materials, a high-end Jacuzzi bath remodel can cost $10,000–$30,000 or more. A luxury overhaul may include building a larger Jacuzzi bathtub, improving the plumbing, adding unique amenities like heated floors, and making substantial bathroom changes. A high-end redesign may also include permits, fees, and bathroom renovations like flooring or walls.
In a high-end makeover, you may utilise expensive materials like real stone or high-end tiling. High-end remodels can cost more due to custom additions like built-in sound systems and lighting.
A high-end remodel’s cost depends on your bathroom’s needs and the complexity of the renovations. A skilled contractor can estimate the cost of a high-end Jacuzzi bath remodel for your bathroom, including materials, labour, and any permits or taxes.
Related: Bathroom Remodel Cost: A Beginner’s Guide to Cost Estimations
Benefits of Jacuzzi Bath Remodel
Increased property value
A well-designed and maintained Jacuzzi bathtub can boost property value. Installing or updating a Jacuzzi bathtub is a major home improvement that can pay off when you sell. Jacuzzi bathtubs provide comfort, safety, and visual appeal to your property, increasing its market value.
Improved safety and comfort
After a hard day, a Jacuzzi bathtub may relax and soothe your muscles. Jacuzzi bathtubs can relieve stress, improve circulation, and reduce pain and stiffness with their warm water and powerful jets. To prevent falls and accidents, many Jacuzzi bathtubs have slip-resistant surfaces and non-slip floors.
Improvement in Visual Appeal
Your bathroom can look better with a Jacuzzi tub. Jacuzzi bathtubs come in several types and give a touch of elegance to your bathroom. A Jacuzzi bathtub may enhance your bathroom for years, whether you choose a clawfoot tub, a modern freestanding tub, or a sleek built-in tub.
Enhancement in Energy Efficiency
Energy-efficient Jacuzzi bathtubs lower energy bills and environmental impact. Modern Jacuzzi bathtubs save water and energy with low-flow faucets, efficient heating systems, and insulated covers. An energy-efficient Jacuzzi bathtub lets you relax without worrying about excessive energy expenses.
Related: Cost of Central AC Unit: Factors to Consider and Average Prices
How to Hire a Contractor for Jacuzzi Bath Remodel
1. Through Word of Mouth
Researching Jacuzzi bath remodel contractors is the first step. Ask friends, relatives, and neighbours about contractors they’ve used. Read evaluations about bathroom remodelers online. Contact several promising contractors and discuss your project.
2. Through Written Price Quotes
Ask each contractor on your list for a formal estimate. This estimate should include a full description of the task, a timetable, and material and labour costs. Ask each contractor about permit fees and unforeseen repairs.
3. Do a Background Check on the Contractor
Verify contractors’ credentials before hiring. Ask for client references and verify the contractor’s licencing and insurance. Check your local Better Business Bureau for contractor complaints.
4. Discuss the Project’s Scope and Price
Compare costs and work scope after receiving written estimates from several contractors. Use this to discuss project cost and scope with your contractor. To avoid conflicts, write down the cost, timing, and scope of work.
Related: A Comprehensive Guide to Living Room Remodeling
The size, kind, materials, and complexity of a Jacuzzi bath remodel affect its cost. A basic Jacuzzi bath refurbishment costs $5,000–10,000, whereas a high-end remodel costs $15,000 or more. While a Jacuzzi bath overhaul can be costly, it can boost your home’s property worth, safety, comfort, aesthetics, and energy efficiency.
Choose a qualified and trustworthy contractor to plan and finish the remodel to your satisfaction to maximise your investment. Finding the appropriate Jacuzzi bath remodel contractor requires research, recommendations, credentials, consultations, estimates, references, and a contract.
A Jacuzzi bath remodel might be expensive, but it can add value to your home and provide long-term benefits.