Prepare to enter the world of streamlined paper recycling! Purchasing a paper shredder is a prudent option for protecting private documents and reducing paper clutter.
But before you dig into shredding piles of paper, it’s worth thinking about a few supplementary products that can improve your shredding experience and maintain the health of your machine.
In this article, we will explain the best ways to supplement your paper shredder with additional accessories. These accessories can make a huge impact on how you use and maintain your shredder, from assuring peak performance to making repairs easier.
Let’s check out what we can do to make your shredding process easier and more effective.
- Advertisement -
Why You Should Trust Us To Review the Below Paper Shredders
When compared to other review sites, our in-depth and objective analysis of these paper shredders sets us apart. In our thorough testing, we factor in not only the advertised features of a product but also how it will really be used.
Our evaluations are based on solid evidence, so you may trust our suggestions. To provide a complete picture of each shredder, we consider consumer reviews and the knowledge of industry professionals.
Our commitment to honesty and impartiality allows you to make well-informed judgments about your shredding requirements. Our thorough inspections are evidence of our sincere dedication to earning your confidence.
|Feature||Amazon Basics 8-Sheet||Bonsaii 8-Sheet Crosscut||Bonsaii 18-Sheet Heavy Duty||Aurora GB AS680S||VidaTeco 7-Sheet Strip Cut|
|Shredding Capacity||8 sheets||8 sheets||18 sheets||6 sheets||7 sheets|
|Security Level||P-3||P-4||P-4||Not specified||P-2|
|Additional Materials Shredded||Credit cards, staples||Credit cards, staples||Credit cards, staples||Credit cards, staples||Credit cards, staples|
|Runtime||3 minutes||4 minutes||60 minutes||Not specified||2 minutes|
|Cooling Time||30 minutes||Occasional cooldown||40 minutes||Not specified||40 minutes|
|Noise Level||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified|
|Portability||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified||Portable||Portable|
|Wastebasket||4.1 gallon||Not specified||6 gallon||Not included||Not included|
|Warranty||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified||1-Year|
|Customer Ratings (out of 5)||4.6||4.4||4.6||4.3||Not specified|
Read The Detailed Review of Each Paper Shredder
Using cross-cut shredding to reduce paper to tiny 0.2 x 1.9-inch fragments that satisfy P-3 security standards, the Amazon Basics 8 Sheet Cross Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder provides effective security.
It can process up to 8 sheets at once, as well as staples, small paper clips, and credit cards in a special slot. It’s easy to operate thanks to the LED indications and 4-way control switch.
- Advertisement -
After 3 minutes of operation, the shredder will automatically turn off to prevent overheating for the next 30 minutes. The 4.1-gallon bin has been tested for quality and is simple to empty. Due to its high customer rating and stringent testing, it is a safe option for discarding paper records.
2. The Bonsaii Paper Shredder
Bonsaii’s C261-C model paper shredder is a dependable option for shredding up to 8 sheets at once in the comfort of your own home office. P-4 security criteria are met with its efficient 13/64 x 45/64-inch paper shredding. It can separate apart things like credit cards, paper clips, and documents.
After 4 minutes of continuous operation, the shredder will need 40 minutes to cool down after digesting 180 sheets. It has a manual reverse for paper jams, an automated start, and protection against overheating.
- Advertisement -
Bonsaii provides expert customer care to address any issues, and they back their products with a 1-year warranty. A reliable option for your home office’s shredding needs, it has received many positive reviews.
3. The Woolsche Paper Shredder
The Woolsche Paper Shredder, with its 10-sheet cross-cut capacity and P-4 security level, is a great option for private workplaces. It can shred paper with staples, plastic cards, CDs, and more, making it impossible to reclaim discarded items.
The innovative cutter eliminates jams and extends the life of the shredder. The basket can hold up to 3.43 gallons of items, and the see-through window makes checking on the contents simple. This quiet shredder is ideal for use in a home office.
It has overload and overheating protection and operates continuously for 5 minutes. The three-way toggle switches are practical, and you can count on help and a replacement if anything goes wrong in the first year.
4. The Aurora GB AS680S Strip-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
When it comes to keeping private data safe, a simple yet effective answer is the Aurora GB AS680S Strip-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder from Walmart. Using only 1/4″ broad strips, this light-duty shredder can destroy up to 6 sheets of paper or 1 credit card in a single pass.
An extending arm allows the machine to reach above standard garbage cans, making it ideal for occasional use in a home office. Its sturdy construction makes it ideal for cutting through thick cardboard and plastic.
It’s a good option for keeping sensitive documents hidden, albeit lacking a wastebasket. 7.25 inches wide, 4.5 inches deep, and 14 inches tall.
5. VidaTeco 7-sheet Strip Cut Paper Shredder
The VidaTeco 7-Sheet Strip Cut Paper Shredder is a home shredder that can handle credit cards and shred paper into 6/26-inch broad strips, guaranteeing a P-2 security level.
It’s versatile and easy to transport because its arm may be adjusted to fit over baskets with a width of 11 to 16.14 inches. This compact shredder can shred 144 sheets of paper per minute, making it far faster than shredding by hand. It can run for up to 2 minutes before needing to cool down for 40 minutes.
Auto start/stop, manual reverse, and an overheat LED warning make it convenient and easy to operate. VidaTeco provides assistance and a warranty for a full year.
What Additional Things You Can Buy with a Paper Shredder
Besides the paper shredder itself, there are a few optional extras that can improve your shredding experience and extend the life of your machine:
Shredder Oil or Lubricant: Regularly applying shredder oil or lubricant helps keep the cutting blades in good condition, reduces friction, and prevents paper jams. This is especially important for cross-cut and micro-cut shredders.
Shredder Bags or Liners: If the shredder doesn’t come with a built-in waste bin or if you want to keep the bin clean and easily disposable, using shredder bags or liners can make emptying the shredded material more convenient.
Shredder Maintenance Kit: Some shredder manufacturers offer maintenance kits that include lubricant, cleaning sheets, and other accessories to keep your shredder in optimal condition.
Extension Cord or Surge Protector: Depending on the location of your shredder and the availability of power outlets, you might need an extension cord or surge protector to ensure a safe and convenient power supply.
Waste Bin Bags: If the shredder has a built-in waste bin, using larger trash bags can make it easier to empty the bin when it’s full.
Storage or Dust Cover: If you plan to store the shredder when not in use or want to protect it from dust, consider getting a storage or dust cover.
Shredder Stand or Cart: For larger, heavy-duty shredders, having a stand or cart with wheels can make it easier to move the shredder around your workspace.
Shredder Accessories: Depending on your needs, you might want to invest in accessories like shredder stands, stands with storage compartments, or baskets to hold shredded material.
Replacement Parts: Depending on the brand and model, you might want to keep replacement parts on hand, such as spare cutting blades or other components that might wear out over time.
Shredder Bags Dispenser: If your shredder doesn’t have a built-in waste bin and you’re using shredder bags, a dispenser can help make it easier to access and replace the bags.
Things to Consider While Buying a Paper Shredder
There are a few things to keep in mind while shopping for a paper shredder to make sure you get the one that’s best for you:
- Shredding Capacity: Consider the number of sheets the shredder can handle at once. If you have a lot of documents to shred, a higher-capacity shredder might be more efficient.
- Shred Type: There are different shred types like strip-cut, cross-cut, and micro-cut, offering varying levels of security. Choose the one that matches your data protection requirements.
- Security Level: Check the security level the shredder offers based on the size of the shredded pieces. Higher security levels ensure more thorough document destruction.
- Additional Materials: If you need to shred items like credit cards, staples, or paper clips, ensure the shredder can handle these materials without jamming.
- Runtime and Cooling Time: Consider how long the shredder can run continuously before needing a cooldown period. This is important for efficiency if you have a lot of shredding to do.
- Noise Level: If noise is a concern, opt for a shredder with a lower noise level, especially if you’re using it in a shared workspace or home office.
- Portability: If you need to move the shredder around, consider its size, weight, and whether it has wheels or handles for easy transportation.
- Bin Size: The capacity of the shredder’s waste bin determines how often you need to empty it. A larger bin might be more convenient for heavy usage.
- Safety Features: Look for features like auto start/stop, jam-proof technology, and overheating protection to ensure safe and hassle-free operation.
- Brand Reputation: Research reputable brands known for producing reliable shredders. Customer reviews and expert opinions can provide insights into a brand’s reputation.
- Warranty and Support: Check the warranty period and available customer support in case you encounter any issues with your shredder.
- Budget: Set a budget that aligns with your requirements. While more features often come with a higher price, it’s essential to find a balance between features and cost.
- User Experience: Consider user-friendly features like easy controls, transparent waste bins, and clear indicators for paper jams or overheating.
- Size and Aesthetics: Ensure the shredder fits within your workspace and matches your aesthetic preferences.